Annual Report for 2021
In-Person Worship Has Resumed, Masks are no longer required.
Opening the Sanctuary
The Trustees and Council have agreed to continue to open our Sanctuary for Sunday, 10:00 a.m. Worship Services. The safety and health of the congregation are still the guiding principles for developing the plan to further open for worship.
We are continuing to relax the restrictions mandated by the pandemic. .
1. Masks are no longer required .
2. Seating in every pew.
3. Communion is being served by intinction. The self-serve communion cups are available for those who don't feel comfortable coming forward.
Giving to the Church
One of the great things about our church family is that we pull together during the tough times to keep DRCC (and each other) strong. One way you can help us get through the current pandemic is to fulfill your pledge with online or telephone donations to help the church pay its bills.
1. Call 800-675-7430 (this connects you to Vanco payment solutions)
2. Press 1 for Client Services (you will speak to a real person in the U.S.)!
3. Tell them you want to make a donation to First Congregational Church of Deep River and give them our zip code or I.D. number
• I.D. # is UCC-80490
• Zip code is 06417
• You may give from your checking or savings account or use a credit card.
1. Go to our church website: www.deeprivercc.org
2. Click on the green Give Now button (top, right corner)
3. Create your online profile and log in
4. Fill out the online donation form (you may give from your checking or saving account or use a credit card) and you're done!
You may also donate the “Old-Fashioned Way” and either mail your donation by snail mail, to DRCC, P.O. Box 246, Deep River, CT. 06417 or drop it off at the Church Office.
Your DRCC Trustees
Seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost
World Communion Sunday
October 2, 2022
Welcome the Deep River Congregational Church! There is an early service at 8:30 a.m. and a full service with choir at 10:00 a.m. The 10:00 a.m. service is live-streamed. We are so glad to have you worship with us, whether it is in person or tuning in on your computers or smart phone!
This Sunday is the Seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost. The Scripture readings are Lamentations 3:19-26; Psalm 137; 2 Timothy 1:1-14; and Luke 17:5-10 Rev. Timothy Haut will be preaching. We will also celebrate the Sacrament of Holy Communion. Margaret Paulsen will be our Lay Reader and Jake Jacobsen and Susan Miron will be our Ushers.
The Sunday School is hositng the Annual Chowder Challenge following both services.