Annual Flea Market - Saturday, August 20th, 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Reserve Your Space Now!
Annual Report for 2021
In-Person Worship Has Resumed, Masks are no longer required.
Opening the Sanctuary
The Trustees and Council have agreed to continue to open our Sanctuary for Sunday, 10:00 a.m. Worship Services. The safety and health of the congregation are still the guiding principles for developing the plan to further open for worship.
We are continuing to relax the restrictions mandated by the pandemic. .
1. Masks are no longer required .
2. Seating in every pew.
3. Communion is being served by intinction. The self-serve communion cups are available for those who don't feel comfortable coming forward.
Giving to the Church
One of the great things about our church family is that we pull together during the tough times to keep DRCC (and each other) strong. One way you can help us get through the current pandemic is to fulfill your pledge with online or telephone donations to help the church pay its bills.
1. Call 800-675-7430 (this connects you to Vanco payment solutions)
2. Press 1 for Client Services (you will speak to a real person in the U.S.)!
3. Tell them you want to make a donation to First Congregational Church of Deep River and give them our zip code or I.D. number
• I.D. # is UCC-80490
• Zip code is 06417
• You may give from your checking or savings account or use a credit card.
1. Go to our church website: www.deeprivercc.org
2. Click on the green Give Now button (top, right corner)
3. Create your online profile and log in
4. Fill out the online donation form (you may give from your checking or saving account or use a credit card) and you're done!
You may also donate the “Old-Fashioned Way” and either mail your donation by snail mail, to DRCC, P.O. Box 246, Deep River, CT. 06417 or drop it off at the Church Office.
Your DRCC Trustees
Ninth Sunday after Pentecost
August 7, 2022
Welcome the Deep River Congregational Church! There will be only one service at 8:30 a.m. from June 19 through September 4. The service will be live- streamed, so those of you who are listening from afar may choose to get up earlier, or you can watch it later in the morning, as the service will be archived for viewing. Just click on Service Videos, instead of Live Stream! Masks are optional for all.
This Sunday is the Ninth Sunday after Pentecost. The Scripture readings are Psalm 105:38-45 and Matthew 4:1-4. Rev. Martin Gibbs will be preaching, and his sermon title is “The Pause that Refreshes.”
Thomas Smith will be filling in for Annetta as our Organist for the month of August. Dante Grassi will be our Lay Reader and Marilyn Guffey and Stu Palmer will be our Ushers. We will sing the following Hymns together: “All Creatures of our God and King” (#62); “Let Us Break Bread Together” (#618) and “Now Let Us from This Table Rise” (#634).
Elizabeth Root and Sybil Higgins will host Family Fellowship following the service.