Annual August Flea Market
Our Annual Flea Market is held on the third Saturday in August and we look forward to hosting the event again this year, having had to cancel in 2020 due to the pandemic. The Market will be held on Saturday, August 21st, from 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. on the church lawn and on Marvin Field, located on Route 154, Deep River. 20 x 20 foot spaces are available for $30, and you can reserve yours by contacting the church office as soon as possible. Please find the Registration letter here, as well as the map, so you can choose your space. Be sure to note your top three choices and include the reservation form with your check so that we can accommodate your preferences. Checks should be made out to First Congregational Church, Deep River or DRCC, with the note “Flea Market” on the memo line.
Annual Report for 2020
In-Person Worship Has Resumed
Opening the Sanctuary
The Trustees and Council have agreed to continue to open our Sanctuary for Sunday, 10:00 a.m. Worship Services. The safety and health of the congregation are still the guiding principles for developing the plan to further open for worship.
We are continuing to relax the restrictions mandated by the pandemic. You will be able to attend the service in person without calling the office to reserve a place, and you will also be able to seat yourself in the sanctuary. .
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Masks are not required if you have been vaccinated
2. Seating in every pew.
3. Communion is still self-serve.
Giving to the Church
One of the great things about our church family is that we pull together during the tough times to keep DRCC (and each other) strong. One way you can help us get through the current pandemic is to fulfill your pledge with online or telephone donations to help the church pay its bills.
1. Call 800-675-7430 (this connects you to Vanco payment solutions)
2. Press 1 for Client Services (you will speak to a real person in the U.S.)!
3. Tell them you want to make a donation to First Congregational Church of Deep River and give them our zip code or I.D. number
• I.D. # is UCC-80490
• Zip code is 06417
• You may give from your checking or savings account or use a credit card.
1. Go to our church website: www.deeprivercc.org
2. Click on the green Give Now button (top, right corner)
3. Create your online profile and log in
4. Fill out the online donation form (you may give from your checking or saving account or use a credit card) and you're done!
You may also donate the “Old-Fashioned Way” and either mail your donation by snail mail, to DRCC, P.O. Box 246, Deep River, CT. 06417 or drop it off at the Church Office.
Your DRCC Trustees
Tenth Sunday after Pentecost
August 1, 2021
This Sunday, August 1st, join us for worship in person in our beautiful old sanctuary or join us at home by live-streaming the service (www.deeprivercc.org). We will also celebrate the Sacrament of Holy Communion, so those of you who worship at home, can prepare you own Communion elements as you participate in the service. Scripture readings include 2 Samuel 11:26 - 12:13a, Psalm 51:1-12; Ephesians 4:1-16; and John 6:24-35. Our Reader will be Kris Lindner. Ushers will be Sally Marston and Jayne Mather.
You can also watch the service any time on Sunday or in the following weeks by going to the "Service Videos" icon and clicking on the "Playlist" in the upper right corner of the latest video.